Mycollege gives some of the points in the preparation procedure, things you will want to look into while getting ready for your college interview.
What is an interview?
An interview is a face-to-face meeting, especially for the purpose of obtaining a statement for assessing the qualities of a candidate.
Preparation for the interview
* Practice makes perfect, and that is especially true for interviewing skills. For a successfull interview, you need to practice your answers to typical questions, review your body language, and determine what works well and what does not.
Know the history of the company
* It is important to know the background of the company you apply for. Find out the kind of business the company does, how big it is, and how it has been performing. Understanding the company helps you to understand the job for which you are going for the interview.
Practice for questions
* You should anticipate the general questions and you should be prepared for the same. Your answer must convince the recruiter that you are the qualified person for the job.
Practice for commonly asked questions like
* Self introduction and why are you interested in this job?
Identify what you have to offer
* Your educational qualifications
Pre- Interview Checklist
* Do you have the necessary things for the interview such as 2-3 copies of the resume, pen, notebook, etc? If you have any references, collect the name and addresses of the references.
Dressing for the interview
* Dress properly for the interview. Color plays a key role in projecting a professional image.