Careers in Law - Know here the details of Lawyer Courses and Colleges.
Lawyer Courses and Colleges
Law consists of a set of rules that are implemented using the institutions. A lawyer is an individual who practice law after getting the license to do so. A Lawyer can specialize in civil, criminal, corporate, labor, constitutional, patent laws. The Lawyer analyses the laws in the constitution to advise the clients on how they apply to their case. In all cases, lawyers are advocates of law who represent the client either orally or with written documents. Bar council is the prime organization solely placed for lawyer registration.
* Bachelor of Law LLB(Hon) - Duration : 5 years
* Bachelor of Law(graduates) - Duration : 3 years
Area of Specialization
* Civil Law - freedom from slavery, freedom to vote, freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, freedom of speech and the right to be treated fairly in public places
* Criminal Law - A "crime" is any act or omission (of an act) in violation of a public law forbidding or commanding it.
* Corporate Law - A corporation is a legal entity created through the laws of its state of incorporation. Individual states have the power to disseminate laws relating to the creation, organization and dissolution of corporations.
* Income Tax Law - related to income tax law acts
* Labour Law - existing labour related legislation with the changes in industry over the years and the consequent effects on labour
* Consitutional Law - deals with constitutions as they set out the general framework of government. Government entities and specific provisions providing for human rights and civil rights, which are part of some constitutions, are set out in the appropriate sections.
* Patent Law - A patent is a government issued right granted to individuals or groups that protects their original inventions from being made, used, or sold by others without their permission for a set period of time. Patent law is about legal regulation and enforcement of specific intellectual property rights known as patent rights.
Career Opportunities for Law
* Central Bureau of Investigation
* Army Institute of Law
* High court of any state, Supreme Court of India
* Law officer in Banks
* Lawyers can become an advocate and practice law as their profession. They have to enroll with the Local/State/Central Bar council.
* Legal advisors for organizations, families and banks.
* Professor in Colleges.
* International agencies like UNO, ILO etc. are employing lawyers based on their good reputation